- TIME: Dance 7:00-9:30pm—NO Registration Needed
- WHERE: Blue Slope Farm's Barn, 138 Blue Hill Road, North Franklin, CT 06254.
- ROLES: Traditional - "Ladies & Gents" or "Women & Men"
- CALLER: Rich Sbardella, Rich has been calling dances throughout New England for about 25 years. Rich calls contras, square dances, community, and family dances.
- MUSIC: Most Blue Slope dance on the dates below will be using professionally recorded square dance music, but if we build a big enough audience, we may have some live music nights.
- ADMISSION: $8pp with a full-time student price of $6, and a family maximum of $30.
- ***No registration or fancy footwork in order to attend!***
Summer has arrived, and along with New England summers come the Blue Slope Farm Square Dances. Square dances are a 20+ year tradition at the farm.
Last year we danced every week for 16 weeks straight, and we had a full barn most weeks. This year some CT contras have returned, so we are dancing every other Saturday at least for June and July. If the dance crowd wants more, we may consider expanding into August, and then into September and October. (Last season, we kept dancing until the last weekend of October.)
We often switch partners after every dance so there is no need to bring a partner, and no experience is needed to have a fantastic time!
Dress is casual and relaxed, but comfortable, flat shoes are recommended. We will do square dances, longways reels, circle mixers, line dances, and even waltzes.
It is always a good idea to bring a water bottle, and if you choose, you may bring a snack to share.
- FUTURE DATES: maybe more!
- MAP: Google location map
Time Zone Information
Saturday, August 20, 2022, 4:00 PM Pacific time
Saturday, August 20, 2022, 5:00 PM Mountain time
Saturday, August 20, 2022, 6:00 PM Central time
Saturday, August 20, 2022, 7:00 PM Eastern time
Sunday, August 21, 2022, 12:00 AM United Kingdom time
138 Blue Hill Road.