View by Month
- TIME: Dance 7:30-11:00pm
- WHERE: Groton Senior Center's Community meeting/banquet hall @ 102 Newtown Road, Groton, CT 06340.
- Oh it is so wicked fun to be dancing to live music again!! We are SO excited to invite you to come join us for a delightful night of contra dancing, Saturday February the 26th!
- **We mingle at 7:30 and have a welcoming-beginner's lesson at 7:45 if you're new to contra dancing or y'know, if you'd like a refresher, or to help other folks remember after a two-year hiatus, or settle back into the dance hall vibe gradually :-) Then, dancing to live music 8:00 - 11:00 pm!
- CALLER: Rich Sbardella from CT, has extensive experience as a dance leader. He has become a master of timing and phrasing his calls. This allowed the dancers the enjoyment of dancing to the phrase.
- MUSIC: "Wry Bred" features Robert Messore on guitar, Mickey Koth on fiddle and Julie Sorcek on flute and saxophone. Their style engages in joyful musical conversations with driving rhythms and exuberant harmonies. no matter how you slice it! Their music sensitively supports dancers and callers alike. The band was founded in 2009 and has been playing at dances, concerts, private parties, and other events ever since.
- COVID: Required to enter the hall: Masks and Proof of Vaccination (2 shots or 1 of J&J) OR Negative Covid test within 48 hours. Bring a water bottle!
- ADMISSION: $10, students $7, families $25, under twelve $2.
- FOOD: We offer home-made Cherry and Custard Pie slices at the break. $3.00 per slice goes to the band and caller. This is an alcohol free and smoke free event, BUT we do have homemade pies slices for sale at the break!
- PARKING: The Groton Senior Center where we dance has plenty of parking!
- DRESS: Dress is casual and please bring shoes that move easily on the floor. Wear layers of comfortable clothing!
- We hope you will join us then!!!
Time Zone Information
Saturday, February 26, 2022, 4:30 PM Pacific time
Saturday, February 26, 2022, 5:30 PM Mountain time
Saturday, February 26, 2022, 6:30 PM Central time
Saturday, February 26, 2022, 7:30 PM Eastern time
Sunday, February 27, 2022, 12:30 AM United Kingdom time
102 Newtown Rd