View by Month
We have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that Flamingo Fling 2022 has been canceled due to low registration. Refunds have been issued to all who registered, and the band and caller have been re-booked for June 2023!
But not all is lost! Let’s have ourselves a Not-Fling Double-Dance Event-Party! We have some WONDERFUL talent within our community, and we are still planning to hold a miniature event on Saturday, June 11 featuring our local callers and musicians! This is a great opportunity to reconnect with your dancing friends and support our local talent for an afternoon and evening Contra Dance in Oklahoma City!
Come join us at First Unitarian in Daniel Hall for an afternoon dance (2:30-5:30) and an evening dance (7:30-10:30) all for the low price of $20 per dancer (that’s $10 per session)! Word has it there will also be an after-party, so plan to stay if you can!
What we need from you:
- Sign up here to volunteer and/or bring a snack - this will help us anticipate attendance. Sign-ups are not mandatory (if you can come at the last minute, please do!), but they will help us greatly! Feel free to bring related snacks to what you sign up for as long as they meet the criteria on the page.
- If you are a musician willing to play for all or part of the evening session, you are desperately needed! Contact Rebekah at firstname.lastname@example.org for details if you are willing/able to play!
- Make sure to bring a water bottle (preferably reusable!) to stay hydrated!
Assuming the COVID situation stays the same, here will be the rules for the dance:
- A minimum of complete first-round of vaccinations, with recommended booster(s) if eligible. This is a requirement of First Unitarian/Daniel Hall.
- Masks will be optional as long as transmission rates in Oklahoma County are still low
- Testing beforehand is not required, but is preferred - no need to show proof
- All dancers will be required to sign a COVID waiver
- Please wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Do not attend if you have had known recent exposure to COVID-19 or other transmissible illness or have tested positive and may still be contagious
Time Zone Information
Saturday, June 11, 2022, 12:30 PM Pacific time
Saturday, June 11, 2022, 1:30 PM Mountain time
Saturday, June 11, 2022, 2:30 PM Central time
Saturday, June 11, 2022, 3:30 PM Eastern time
Saturday, June 11, 2022, 8:30 PM United Kingdom time
600 NW 13th St