Being an affiliate is an important way to support our work! We welcome groups that have roots in English and North American dance, music, and song.
Benefits of Affiliation
As a CDSS Affiliate, you’ll join the more than 260 groups across North America who are supporting our shared dance and music community. You’ll also receive:
- CDSS News: our quarterly magazine, packed with interesting articles, tunes, dances, and advertising
- Publicity: your group will appear in the CDSS Affiliate Directory, and you can list your events in our community calendar
- Advertising: discount on placing ads in the CDSS News
- Store consignment: items from the CDSS Store are available on consignment for you to sell at your own events
- Store discount: 10% discount on items from the CDSS Store
- Liability insurance: groups in the US are eligible for group liability insurance
- Tax-exempt status: groups in the US are eligible for federal nonprofit status/501(c)(3) tax exemption
- Summer camp programs: you are eligible for priority admission and matching scholarships
- Mailing labels: you may purchase a one-time list of CDSS members for creating mailing labels to promote their activities.
And also enjoy the benefits we offer to all groups:
- Advice: we offers advice on programming, group organization, financial reporting, bylaws writing, registration procedures, sound equipment, and staff suggestion
- Financial assistance: grants are available to help groups start new events (weeks, weekends, festivals), train leaders, create publications, and provide equity trainings for organizers
- Equipment rental: ritual dance equipment (swords, hankies, bellpads) is available on short term loan and for a modest fee
Become an Affiliate
CDSS Affiliates in the US are eligible for group liability insurance and 501(c)(3) status, as well as all of the perks offered to all affiliates.
Per-day/single event insurance is available for Affiliates for $75/day.
CDSS Affiliates in Canada receive all of the perks offered to all CDSS Affiliates, but are not eligible for insurance or nonprofit coverage.
The affiliate membership fee for Canadian groups is adjusted annually to match the current exchange rate. The fee for Canadian groups is $75 USD.
CDSS Affiliates outside of the US and Canada receive all of the perks offered to all CDSS Affiliates, but are not eligible for insurance or nonprofit coverage. The membership fee for international groups is $100 USD per year.
All Affiliate memberships renew on May 1 of each year.
Become an Affiliate Renew Your Affiliate Membership
Publications, Sales, and Services Manager
- insurance and 501(c)(3)
- store inquiries
- new Affiliates/renewals