Job Title: Accounts Payable Coordinator
Date: November 17, 2023
Position info: 15-20 hrs/wk, hourly, non-exempt
Benefits: Eligible for 403b & PTO
Compensation Range: $18-$25/hour, depending on experience
Location: Mostly remote; occasional travel to office, Easthampton, MA
Reports To: Director of Finance
Closes: December 15, 2023
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is part of the organization’s finance team. The AP Coordinator is responsible for processing timely and accurate payments of purchase orders and invoices to vendors. The AP Coordinator is primarily responsible for periodic payment activity, month-end and year-end close functions, account reconciliations, reporting requirements, and responding to internal and external inquiries. The successful candidate has a strong understanding of procure-to-pay processes and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Additionally, this person needs to be self-motivated, possess strong analytical and communication skills, and must enjoy researching and problem-solving. The AP coordinator works closely with the Accounts Receivable Coordinator and Gifts Processing & Database Coordinator in meeting monthly deadlines in a timely manner.
All equipment necessary to perform the job will be provided by CDSS. Remote employees must have high-speed internet access at home and are required to travel to the main office in Easthampton, MA, periodically through the year for in-person annual staff retreats and support of seasonal operations. Although this position will be mostly working remotely, the candidate must reside within a commutable distance from the Easthampton office to support operations as needed.
CDSS is an equal opportunity employer. Neither your gender, your religion, your personal life, your skin color, nor indeed any physical attribute makes a difference in our hiring process. If you’re smart and good at what you do, then come as you are. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC), immigrants, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Vendor Management: New vendor set up, collection of W-9s, and vendor corrections as needed.
- Pay and maintain electronic file of vendor invoices in a timely manner, including seasonal weekly camp staff contractor payments.
- Enter all expense financial transactions into QuickBooks including related data into Salesforce as needed
- Process and file monthly sales tax payments in Massachusetts, file annual tax reporting in Michigan, Maine, and Maryland.
- Perform month end and year end close functions, including invoice and expense accruals.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Manage all vendor-related inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Review, process and distribute the annual 1099s.
- Assist with annual audit and gather all requested documents. Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure a complete and timely audit
- Collaborate across departments to identify issues/implement process improvement and maintain open communication.
- Support and provide quarterly reports to Department leads on budget to actual comparisons
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable Coordinator to reconcile credit card fees
- Support operations team:
- Serve as back-up to the file clerk for sorting and distributing physical mail sent to the Easthampton office.
- Review mail scanned folders on a weekly basis and notify staff of new material needing attention.
- Support Camp operation team:
- Ensure that CDSS summer camp programs are supplied with the cash boxes and materials necessary for financial transactions at camp facilities.
- Support seasonal camp staff as needed on using and proper filing of items related to all consignment and expense payments at the facilities.
- Support the unpacking, proper filing, and data entry of returned items from camp facilities. Will require occasional travel to Easthampton office during the summer.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in accounting or established work experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and GAAP
- Ability to meet recurring tight deadlines on a consistent basis
- Excellent customer service
- Proactive communication
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software tools quickly
- Previous experience in an accounting role at a nonprofit organization
- Previous experience filing annual 1099s and sales tax reporting
- Microsoft Office (required)
- QuickBooks desktop experience (1 year required)
- Authorize.Net payment processing (a plus)
- Clover payment processing (a plus)
- Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (a plus)
Send cover letter and resume to Katy German at email@example.com by December 15, 2023 to ensure consideration.