- This event has passed.
Worcester Contra Dance
January 14 at 7:30 pm–10:30 pm EST$6 – $20
- Intro session, 7:15 – 7:30 pm
- Bring your family, friends or just yourself to our traditional public contra dance! No fancy footwork needed to attend, just come, enjoy the friendly camaraderie, dance to live music and see everyone’s smiling faces!
- Caller: Don Heinold. Don is well known as a caller and a waltz instructor in the greater RI, Central MA, Central & Eastern CT, and Southern NH areas. He sought out for weddings, parties, and regular dances. He was the organizer of Mostly Waltz RI and is frequently asked for private lessons.
- Live Music: Wild Notes: Mickey Koth, John Kalinowski, and Kasha Breau. Wild Notes is an energetic and exuberant contra dance and concert band with roots in Irish, Scottish, French-Canadian, jazz, and classical music.
- Masks: Are optional and always welcome.
- Admission: The admission fee is $8 to $10 for adults, $6 to $8 for students, and $20 per family.
- Parking: Parking is in behind the church accessible via State Street and turn left in behind the Wesley United Methodist Church.
- Dress: Dress is casual, and please bring clean non-street shoes in order to prevent damaging the floor and that move easily on the floor. Wear comfortable clothing in layers!